Thursday, April 12, 2007

GROOMSMEN - (Also) A Movie For Coming Out?


Last week, I watched the movie, GROOMSMEN. I know,I don't have the technical know-how to say wether a movie is good or not, but I can say, I enjoyed the movie a lot. And for me, this movie is excellent (based on my tastebud).

Summary:
A week before his wedding, Paulie reunites with his groomsmen to reminisce and rejuvenate. With an anxious fiancé and a baby on the way, cold feet prevail and Paulie looks to his childhood friends for strength as he embarks on his journey into a brave new world.


And yes this movie is also for closeted gay men like me. I was so touched when TC, played by John Leguizamo, admitted to his friends, without too much blah-blah's, that he is gay. And his friends readily accepted this fact without any criticisms.

"Sana pag nag-out na ako as a gay man, my friends would do the same," I said to myself.

Another touching scene is his admittance to his father, who at first cannot accept the fact that his son is gay. But in the end a fatherly love prevailed that no matter, my son is my son, and I would accept wether he is gay.

"Sana ako rin, when the right time comes, I hope my family could easily accept me being gay," I said again to myself.

I would like to recommend this movie to you. An entertaining movie with a heart. Then tell me your comments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outing oneself is never an easy step. One step at a time dude. It also helps if you have gay friends or a gay friend that you can identified with. Blogging helps, but a real interaction is a lot better. yun lang