Thursday, June 28, 2007

DEYMN! Why Should This Be A Problem?

"....... The Philippine National Police Academy has opened its doors to gays and lesbians who want to be police officers.

The academy’s director, Senior Supt. Balligi Tira, said being a member of the “third sex” is not a ground to disqualify persons enrolling in the institution ....... "
(From
Manila Times).

After reading this news, it seems that us, gays, are now getting our own share of space in this world.

But I think this kind of freedom is not yet in its absolute state. There are still so much hardships to hurdle in order to get acceptance in the society.

Let me share with you a part of cupkeyk's journal, a fellow gay gamer and a blogger on his experience trying to get a job from a gaming company.

" I just spent the day staying up, waiting for my job interview with that gaming company. This is my second interview and I found it alarming that they mentioned that my homosexuality was an issue. Not might be, but will be.

I was like, am I not geeky enough? Do I need to show you my AB and damage progression table for optimized barbarian/cleric builds? Anyway, they said, without a shadow of a doubt, my homosexuality will get in the way of my career in the gaming industry. Flat out. Geeks will be alienated by a fag .......

.......But to be ostracized by an entire industry based on sexuality when in fact ALL elves are gay. I mean Gay-logas? Drizzt? Forgotten realms has the seven sisters; they might as well have been called the DIVAS! I am an excellent gamer AND writer. "
-------------------------------------------------------------
DEYMN! Common Meyn! Why should this be a problem?

2 comments:

Qtheconqueror said...

The thing is, most gamers are actually more liberal then most people. They don't care if you're male, female, lesbian or gay, as long as you do your job in the game campaign. I do think na pwedeng icomplain yan for sexual discrimination. Report mo sila sa gay mafia. hahaha.

rmacapobre said...

hmm raistlin was a good candidate for a gay character. he was weak in terms of what most people would consider

and the sartans of the death gate series with their dance-strike-a-pose way of doing magic.