Thursday, May 3, 2007

Finding The Best Video/Online Game Pt 1


According to Wikipedia, one of the earliest computer games was developed as early as 1961. And with the rapid advancement of technology, more and more games are added to the list. Games with great graphics, systems and features.

I believe there are over a hundred new games launched yearly. And as the numbers increase, search for the best games would entail much effort, time and money.

I own an internet cafe so it is my business to know the latest and the best games I should install in my computers; games that I think would surely thrill my customers.

Being in this business for two years, I could only share to you my personal observation with my customers. And I can say different people have different taste.

I have a customer who plays MU Online. According to him, he's into this game since its launching and never tried any other game.
He may look at other games like Ragnarok Online, Ran Online, RF Online, etc. whenever other customers play them; but this is his game according to him, the game he enjoys a lot. The graphics, the gameplay and the community. Good for him. Well, maybe playing the same game everyday is different from eating adobo everyday.

Take the case of our current GAYNaGAMER of the Week, Janus. He's been playing Ragnarok Online since 2004; and he has not tried any other game since then.

Cheers to that! They found the best game for them. They found the game that would "tickle" their excitement and enjoyment. From these two cases, one lesson and one keyword you should consider is ENJOYMENT.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been playing (or used to play, kind of stopped about a month back) WoW pretty much for the past 2 years. Kind of lost my groove when I moved back to Manila....and I went retro and started playing all the PS2 games that I missed out because of WoW. :P

There was a time when I couldn't even last a day without logging on. Hah!

conan_cat said...

oh yeah... so many games out there, and i for one had problem sticking to one game. cause all of them are so fun!!

kudos to modern technology. people are sitting in front of the computer more than the tv now.

Qtheconqueror said...

I got a friend who has been playing FF for about 4-5 years na. Ang galing nga, pinaaddict rin niya ang GF niya para hindi maaffect ung love life niya. He's so addicted na on yung laptop niya entire day (even when he's at school, waiting for spawning or whatever)maskina pag overnight with the barkada, he brings his laptop and leeches the dsl of whosoever house he is in. Para hindi bumaba ang grades niya, nagaaaral pa siya in between periods ng game >_< nga pala, I'm linking you :D

Riki The Dark said...

I agree, when you find a Good Game, you stick to it. Every once in a while, i still play old games like Resident Evil 1-3, DinoCrisis 2, Sims, etc. It's not all about the graphics, there's more going on in a good game, that's why we keep coming back to them. =)

Anonymous said...

thanks for visitng the site.

@saikee, WOW is a great game! I just hope one day a local distributor will get a franchise of WOW. This is Pay-to-play and of International Server, kaya Most of the locals play it on Private Servers.

@conan_cat, I myself do that, trying every new games available. And it's fun because you get to try the latest style, gameplay and new virtual adventures.

q_the conqueror, thanks for link. that's nice to hear, making his gf like the game too for the love of "LOVE." LOL! And yeah, nakaka adik talaga ang games. i just hope that it won't eat much of our time. remember, there are lots of fun things to do aside from gaming. If you're a student, education should be the priority. If you are working, career should be the priority. Gaming should always be for fun and entertainment only.

@riki the dark, i can compare gaming to my favorite old and "worn-out" pants. i may have new pants, but in the end laging babalik-balikan mo ang iyong favorite pants kahit luma na ito o sira. iba kasi pag favorite. parang sa ads, "love ko to!" LOL!

Unknown said...

hmmm... cant this blog have a membership thingy heheh.. am a gamer myself and i'd l;ike to meet gay or bi males that likes to play hehee... especialy DOTA ^_*

Anonymous said...

everyone is welcome in this blog. no membership po. migz, i think that's a nice idea a clan for dota GAYNaGAMER. Di ba sosyal? haha. why don't we do it. sa GG Client. gawa tayo ng cla para sa mga gays. hehehehe

Unknown said...

Just finish downloading GE took me 12 hrs for the 6 zip files to be doanloaded seeesh.. Cant wait to play the game heheh ala lng just dropping by..

Webmaster, what i was saying was, if u can have a forum where other member could register and communicate with each other... hirap kasi kapag sa ganito lng e... hehehe it was just an oppinion ahh... waka sana magalit ^_*

Anonymous said...

@m!g'z, thanks for the suggestion. I'm also planning to set up a forum for gayngame. Don't worry, right time will come.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.